Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saturday Ramble

Tom and I have been taking advantage of the amazing weather and, coupled with the desire to get away from CNN, went on a little budget NYC adventure today.

First, we hit Bahn Mi So 1 on Broome and Mott for Vietnamese sandwiches. Our $3 sandwiches were awesome. Mine, the House Special, had grilled pork and was stuffed with pickled carrots, cucumber and cilantro. Tom's was made with chicken and stuffed with the same good stuff. The owner's kids took a liking to Tom and seemed especially interested in his arm hair (who knows...), which they referred to as his "fur". I thought it was hilarious, but Tom didn't think it was quite as funny as I did.

We then headed over to P.S. 1 in Long Island City. I hadn't been there since the the summer of 2001 and have been meaning to go back. We checked out some exhibits inside and then hit up Warm Up 2005, the party outside the museum where they had food, drinks, and a DJ. It was quasi-hipster central and very good people watching. Of course, I was too chicken to take pictures of people.

Anyway, enjoy the photos I did take. I'm probably going to watch CNN now and marvel in my incredibly good fortune.

No comments: