Sunday, September 18, 2005

Saturday

My friend Stephanie yelled at me for not posting pictures last week. It turns out that she checks-in to see what I did over the weekend and make sure I'm still alive. haha

So I've posted my Saturday in excruciating detail for her enjoyment....

I woke up around 9:00 a.m., sliced up some strawberries for breakfast. They were delicious with a nice cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate from Kee's. I did the usual morning stuff and then Tom and I had some errands to run and so we decided to use them as an excuse to try Rickshaw Dumpling Bar, which has been on our "To Try" List for lunch.

We started out intending to walk to Rickshaw, which is located at 23rd and Sixth, but after walking about ten blocks in the oppressive humidty we jumped on the subway instead. It was a good thing we did because we got to Rickshaw right as we were getting really hungry and thirsty.

I ordered the chicken and lemongrass dumplings, steamed. Tom got the classic dumplings, fried. He was so excited to watch the cooks make our food and had no interest in sitting down until the food was in his hands. Lunch was awesome and reasonably priced. I highly recommend Rickshaw.

We crossed the street to pick up some screws at Home Depot. I happen to love hardware stores and Tom had to drag me out after I had taken a bunch of pictures and tried out the doorknob displays. No, I'm not kidding.

We walked home, working our way through Union Square, Washington Square Park, and NYU.

Enjoy, Stephanie!

No comments: