Sunday, February 08, 2009

25 Things About This Photoblog

  1. I love to wander around New York City
  2. I can’t believe I created this in 2004. It has been a constant for me for years.
  3. In 2004 I lived with two roommates on the Upper West Side.
  4. My bedroom didn’t have any windows.
  5. I spent weeks researching the purchase of my first digital camera, a Pentax Optio 550.
  6. My first camera ever was my Dad’s Pentax SLR. It’s older than me.
  7. It hadn’t been used for years when I rescued it from the bottom of the closet and took a photography class at Meramec Community College in St. Louis.
  8. I could have stayed in the dark room for days if they let me.
  9. Taking pictures in New York City allowed me to really see it, since I rushed around so much most of the time.
  10. The photoblog has allowed me to show my family what I’m seeing and doing.
  11. It has become my diary.
  12. Looking at older pictures on the blog helps me remember times, people and places that are starting to fade from my memory.
  13. I finally had some of my photos printed, framed, and hung up in my apartment in December.
  14. My current apartment has lots of windows and light.
  15. I have a fancier camera now, a Nikon D40x.
  16. I also have a camera phone, but I don’t post those snapshots because of their shoddy quality.
  17. I don’t carry a camera as much as I used to because it’s bulkier.
  18. I get annoyed with myself for worrying about looking like a tourist when I take photos in Manhattan.
  19. Having my camera in Buenos Aires made a great trip even better.
  20. I’m really proud of some of those photos in particular.
  21. I wish there was a way to be invisible with a camera on the subway.
  22. I’m hesitant to take people’s photos because I never know how they will react.
  23. I don’t know how to use Photoshop (that’s probably pretty obvious).
  24. I would love to have access to a darkroom and use my film SLR again.
  25. I would love to take pictures of the kids I work with, but policies and ethics mean I leave my camera at home.

No comments: